Wednesday, April 17, 2013

 

I am at war in this world

Random bombs that destroy lives. Terrorism.  Shootings in schools that kill precious children.  Unimaginable violence.  Pedophiles.  Drunk drivers.  Natural disasters.

It is a fallen world.

Divorce.  Same sex marriage.  Adultery.  Single parents.  Workaholic parents.  

I am out of step with my culture.  It is a fallen world.  

Sickness and death.  

It is a fallen world.

The forces of evil are rampant in this world.  It is heartbreaking and it is almost overwhelming.

And I believe the kingdom of God is a war with the kingdom of darkness in this world.  And I a soldier in the army of God.

So how do I fight the war against evil?  

Not with the weapons of this world.  The answer is not in passing laws or in "restoring" America.  My kingdom is not of this world.  My allegiance is to the kingdom of heaven.  So my weapons are not political issues.

The answer is not concealed handguns for Christians or a stronger military.  Weapons of the world do not defeat evil.

So what will I do?:

Pray.  That is my first weapon.  I will call on God to defeat evil, to protect His people, and to give us courage.

I will stay grounded in His Word.  The Bible, prayer, and the Holy Spirit will equip me.

I will fight evil in my life.  I cannot be a traitor to the army and kingdom of God.

I will fearlessly proclaim the kingdom of God with my life and with my mouth.  I will publicly proclaim the good news.  I will tell my family, friends, and neighbors the good news.  And I will live the good news.

I will love courageously for God.  I will not be afraid.  I have already died with Jesus.  Satan's greatest weapon is defeated.  Death will not hold me.

I have given my family to God so I pray for each of them to live courageously in this world.  

War is ugly.  There are casualties.  But here is the thing:  The war is won.  God is all powerful.  Some day this world will pass away.  But not me.  I will live forever.  

So keep bringing it on Satan.  I pledge to fight you by the power of the Lord Almighty.  Just like Kingdom people who have gone before me.  

Every day.  Till I go home.  

And so will my family.  And my church family.  And kingdom people all over this world.  

We will change lives. Our kingdom will grow.  And Satan will never defeat us.  No matter what.

We have won the war.  Let's go fight the battles.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?